We were so spoiled to fly business class all the way to Japan. On the long flight (13.5 hours) we had these sweet cabins. The chairs folded flat into beds. We had huge tv's and could order food any time we wanted. It was LEGIT!
I'm not going to sugar coat the flight though. Little Buddy started feeling sick to his stomach halfway through and was miserable for the remaining 14 hours of travel. Thus, he made my life miserable. he got airsick on our last flight and whined incessantly. But, that's behind us now and we are excited to check out our new neighborhood.
Due to jet lag we were awake at an obsurd hour so we went walking to explore. There are three cool parks near our house. The closest one has that gigantic slide I posted a picture of before. The kids went down it lots of times even though it was wet from rain. It's made of rollers (like on conveyor belts).
This park with swings had a little nature trail and other playground equipment along the way.
Interestingly, there are rice fields mixed right in with our neighborhood.
G-love thought this snail was awesome that she spotted and asked me to post it on the blog.
We also went out to lunch at if I remember the name correctly, Joyfull Diner. The food was good and they had a picture menu so we could understand what we ordered. We went to a home store to get things like broom, mop, etc. I thought it was so fun. I am nervous about understanding how to clean our shower room (water goes everywhere- I'm sure it'll mold quickly if I don't figure this out) and how to clean our fancy toilet that has a bidet. Little Buddy used it for the first time and the power of the spray surprised him and he jumped up, which caused water to spray everywhere! LOL!
We also went to the grocery store and got some things to eat. We didn't understand how long it would be until our shipments show up. So we don't have pots and pans or anything yet. I think it'll come Wednesday. We found some yummy things that can be microwaved or eaten cold or just with boiling water. Our landlord stopped over to show me how to use our stove. He was surprised we didn't have pots and pans. Not sure he understood me when I told them they were coming. He came back later and gave us a gift of a tea kettle. So sweet!!
We had a lot of visitors yesterday. Someone from work took Husband and the kids out for a drive. I stayed home since our bed was being delivered and also internet was going to be arriving. While they were gone the neighborhood association chairman stopped over and also the landlord and Husband's interpreter. Sometimes the correct Japanese words come to my brain to communicate things at the right time and sometimes they don't. I know so few that it would be helpful if the stayed there when I need them, but I'm sure this is something that will happen in time. The few people we've met have been willing to try out their limited English with us too, which is really nice. I think we'll be able to get along just fine!!
Thanks for sharing I love your writing it's so detailed. Tell G I love her snail! It is very interesting! I"m going to enjoy living vicariously through you!:) We will plan to read these to the boys too. I'm sorry little buddy had a rough flight! Let's hope ours is better when we come see you! :) Three parks? Sweet, the boys will love the slide when we come! It looks frightening but awesome lol
ReplyDeleteLove it! So glad you are there safely, we've been thinking of you often. Cool snail, G!
ReplyDeleteMaybe we should have taken you up on the airsickness bands! lol
DeleteSo, are you going to turn all your blog posts into a book? So glad you arrived safely. Sorry about the airsickness (blech!)
ReplyDeleteDon't know why it says unknown. It's Helen. :)
DeleteThat would be cool Helen!
DeleteI love the blog, please tell G the snail was my favorite. Good luck figuring out the bidet😜
ReplyDelete