This weekend we decided to go exploring to see what we could see. We could totally have asked someone where the good beach is to swim at, but for some reason we just felt like exploring ourselves. The beach is only about two miles from our house.
But this was not the beach to go swimming at. There was a lot of garbage on the beach and also lots of jelly fish. We made the best of it and ate a picnic and walked and explored.
And now we know where not to go for a beach day!
Found this cemetery on our explorations and found it interesting.
Eating has been the tricky thing here so far. But these ice cream bars from 7-11 are our current obsession. It almost makes up for the fact the 7-11 here don't have Slushies, but not quite.
So yesterday I made a shopping list and meal plan and was determined to get what I'd need to cook some meals here. The kids and I wore our backpacks and I prepped them they'd need to be patient with me and we walked to Donkey to do our shopping. I stared and stared at the aisles of bottles and tried really hard to get staples. My kids were so good and I spent sooooo long, but I still only came home with about half of what I wanted. Luckily a Honda helper came over last night and I asked her about the things I bought (and only half of what I bought was what I thought it was) and she offered to take me to the store to get what I needed. It was soooo much easier and we were done in about ten minutes!!! I labeled the bottles with sharpie in English. Tonight I think I'll make gyoza for dinner!!
I think meals are finally going to start coming together. My Sensei showed me how to use my rice cooker. I have plenty of food in the fridge. Hooray for eating!!
Comments
Post a Comment