We took an easy morning after our late night Pikachu adventures, and then we headed to the Tokyo Sky Tree. As you can see, it's one of those big buildings you go up in to get a view of the city. It was amazing to see how far Tokyo spreads. It's ginormous.
We were having a rough day after being out so late the night before. My family just really doesn't handle missing bedtimes well. Me included. Also, by the time we'd stood in line forever it was lunch time by the time we got to be up top. So, we got a little treat to tide us over until we found some other yummies.
We didn't buy our tickets ahead for this since we wanted to go on a clear day and not be locked into a rainy day. It didn't end up being too bad to stand in line to wait. Maybe 1.5 hours? It helped that we got there on the early side.
They do have a glass floor you can stand on to look down. I guess they sometimes have an experience where you can go outside up there, but that was closed on the day we went.
Afterward we tried to find some food, but there was no seating at the food court. We eventually got some sushi and tempura and bought smoothies so that we were allowed to sit in the smoothie seating area. I love smoothies, so that wasn't a hardship for me!
They are really gearing up for Olympics 2020 in Tokyo! These are the mascots. Photo op!
The mall near the Sky Tree had many stores that interested us. More so than other malls we'd wandered across. We looked quickly, but really it was time to go back to the hotel. The little people were exhausted and letting us know about it. B actually kept talking about the mall the rest of the time and wanted to go back, but it didn't end up working out.
Once back at the hotel, I gathered up our laundry and made my way to a laundromat. None of us had quite enough clothes to make it the week and this was a good time to do laundry. It was quite an experience. I walked 0.6 miles through Tokyo with our dirty clothes in plastic grocery bags. I'm pretty sure people were laughing at me. But I did find the teeny tiny laundromat. I got my clothes into one of the four washers and sat there in the heat and waited. Luckily, I had a good book to read while I waited.
Since we didn't end up doing much the third day, I thought I'd post about the fourth day as well. We went to Shibuya and saw the Hachi statue. If you haven't watched Hatchi, go check it out on Netflix. It's a tear jerker and so sweet.
They even had Hachi sewer grate covers.
Comments
Post a Comment