I realize it's been a very long time since we went to Tokyo, but I wanted to make sure we got the rest posted about.
B has wanted a hedgehog for quite a few years. So badly that when he would think about hedgehogs he would start crying! So when we learned there was a hedgehog cafe in Tokyo we knew it was something we totally had to do! Little Buddy was in heaven.
They were really cute and it was a highlight of the trip for B.
Actually we all enjoyed it. How could you not love those sniffly little rolly cutie pies.
Hedgehogs are quite popular as pets here and we can see them in the pet stores, but you don't get to hold them like you did at the cafe. There are also cute hedgehog things to buy everywhere. B got a hedgehog pencil case for school.
The crazy thing is that my favorite animal (other than sharks) are otters, and this cafe also had otters!!
We could feed them! They'd grab a piece of food from your hand through a little hole in the glass. So cute!!
If you research Harajuku on things to do these cotton candies always pop up! Our Japanese tutor in America showed the kids a picture of her with one and of course the kids thought it was awesome!
It was rainy when we got it and the kids were quite a sticky mess by the end. Haha!
This is at a temple we visited. There were a bunch of little shops all around and we had fun looking at all of the souvenirs. I got some little pieces of fabric that are pretty cool. I wish I could have brought my sewing machine to Japan, but I was told even with a transformer the electricity difference would ruin my machine. We did look for a used one the other day, but haven't had any luck yet.
That gold thing is the Asahi brewery. It's supposed to be a torch? You can also see the Tokyo Skytree.
The fish market itself has moved to a new location, but we decided to go to the old location to shop at the food stalls. This is a very famous tamagoyaki stand. Tamagoyaki is one of G's favorite foods, so of course she had to get one! Tamagoyaki is a rolled sweet egg omelet that is often served room temperature.
We all tried these little octopus on a stick. Can't say I loved them, but they weren't yucky. We also ate sea urchin and had sushi. Yum!
This statue was outside of a buddhist temple and when we went in they were having a service so we sat and watched for a while. There was a lot of chanting, and I thought it was interesting to hear.
How cool are these little stone statues with red hats and shawls and pinwheels? If I am not mistaken, they represent prayers for healthy children/pregnancy.
Oh my gosh. Karaoke was hilarious. We would totally do that again.
fun statues
If you are a fan of Pokemon then you recognize that Palette Town is where Ash is from (His name is Satoshi in Japan). The kids enjoy that the places Ash goes in the show are really places here.
Fun thanks for sharing. I want to hold an otter!!!
ReplyDeleteI want to hold an otter too! Or swim with them!!! But at least I got to feed them.
Delete